Young Horses, Inc.
Based in Chicago, Illinois
January 30th, 2014 (PC/Mac/Linux), April 22nd, 2014 (PS4)
Octodad: Dadliest Catch is a game about destruction, deception, and fatherhood. The player controls Octodad, a dapper octopus masquerading as a human, as he goes about his life. Octodad's existence is a constant struggle, as he must master mundane tasks with his unwieldy boneless tentacles while simultaneously keeping his cephalopodan nature a secret from his human family.
In Octo-ber 2010, a group of university students released the original Octodad into the world. Despite everyone being convinced that the game was about a normal human dad, the game was a cult hit, gained critical acclaim, and was an Independent Games Festival Student Finalist in 2011. Octodad received enough attention that the team decided to run a Kickstarter, form the game studio Young Horses, and create a bigger, better, more polished game about Octodad. Two and a half years after beginning production, Octodad: Dadliest Catch is ready to flop awkwardly into your arms.
- Octodad’s wacky physics create hilarious moments that are different every time. Be surprised by the randomness of Octodad’s flailing or express your own sense of humor by making Octodad do silly things.
- An all-new adventure that explores Octodad’s world, relationships and backstory.
- Complete Octodad’s sartorial style by collecting and wearing a variety of hidden neckties.
- Gather family members and/or friends to control Octodad's limbs in co-op mode with 2 to 4 players. Up to 4 times the limbsanity!
- Gain access to the (Windows Only) level editor that the Young Horses used to create Octodad: Dadliest Catch. Create your own ridiculous levels for Octodad to squish and flop through and submit them to Steam Workshop.
- Play mod levels created by the Steam community and the creators of Octodad on Steam Workshop. (PC/Mac/Linux)
- Experience Dadliest Catch’s unique control scheme with various control inputs, including X360, DualShock4, Mouse + Keyboard, Mac multitouch trackpad, Windows 8 touchscreens, DirectInput, and XInput controllers which all can be remapped to any configuration a player may want.
Octodad Shorts DLC AnnouncementYouTube
Launch Announcement TrailerYouTube
E3 2013 PS4 Announcement TrailerYouTube
Logo & Icon
- " Watching Octodad: Dadliest Catch being played at E3 on a PlayStation 4, you notice one thing that separates it from virtually every other title on the show floor. Rather than seeing stoic, expressionless faces on its players, you see laughter and ear–to–ear smiles."
- Michael McWhertor, Polygon
- "The game is both fun and funny, but that only gets you halfway. Whether it’s imposter syndrome, social anxiety, hiding something, or just feeling like sometimes you give something your best and it’s not enough… Octodad taps into a deep primal fear of being something that’s “other” and trying to hide it. When you combine innovative controls, pleasant aesthetics, with a universal sense of fear you end up with a great game. I can’t wait to play the whole thing."
- Ben Kuchera, Penny Arcade Report
- "...come PAX time, a stroll through the Indie Megabooth has the power not just to restore faith in the creative direction of the industry but also to find the gems that allow us to become fanboys again. This year, that game for me was Octodad: Dadliest Catch..."
- Holly Green, Destructoid
- "Regardless of its inspiration, Octodad might just be gaming's first slapstick comedy. You can't help but smile as you watch your fish-man stumble around a chapel as he tries to remain inconspicuous during his own wedding.
- Marty Silva, 1UP
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Young Horses, Inc. allows for the contents of Octodad Dadliest Catch to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Octodad Dadliest Catch is legally & explicitly allowed by Young Horses, Inc.. This permission can be found in writing at http://www.octodadgame.com/press/sheet.php?p=octodad_dadliest_catch.
Octodad Shorts DLC
Standalone stories from Octodad: Dadliest Catch as FREE DLC via title updates for all platforms. octodadgame.com.
About Young Horses, Inc.
As Young Horses we strive to push the boundaries of game design in order to create experiences that players have not seen before. This is not only because we think that we should be bringing something new to our medium and our industry, but because we think that innovation is necessary to reach new, broader audiences. Our goal is to create innovative, intelligent, and charming entertainment that can be enjoyed by both children and adults.
More information on Young Horses, Inc., our logo & relevant media are available here.
Octodad Dadliest Catch Credits
CFO, Programmer, Webmaster
CEO, Community Manager
Creative Director, Writer, Designer